Each Library we are commissioned to make, is individually designed and made to your exact specifications. Everything we make is entirely bespoke; we place great emphasis on meeting the detailed design criteria of our clients.
Being many things to many people, The Library is a room unlike any other. Whether it becomes a place of study, reflection, calm or discussion, creating a unique library is a true investment in your home.
Whether you are looking for a freestanding Library corner or a fully integrated Library room with hidden AV equipment and secret doors, we can design a scheme which exactly matches your requirements.
How do I commission a bespoke Library?
After a brief discussion about what style of Library you are interested in and the rough dimensions of your room, we give you some estimation of cost. Projects are typically between £8,000 and £100,000, depending on the size of the room and complexity of design.
Following a site survey, we produce working drawings for you to approve, along with colour samples for consideration.
We then begin manufacture. We start by selecting the finest quarter sawn oak boards from our stock. These are then carefully machined and joined together by hand.
All our work is then polished by hand, to match your approved sample, using water based stains, shellac sealers, and beeswax polish.
Everything is then delivered to site for our team of talented crafstmen to install at your convenience.
We then give one final buff which gives our panelling a unique patina only achievable with quarter sawn hand polished oak.
- Bespoke design to your exact specifications
- Specialists in period details including Medieval, Tudor, Renaissance, Elizabethan, Jacobean, Georgian, Classical and Arts & Crafts styles
- Fully integrated joinery schemes or simple, freestanding bookcases
- Made using the finest quarter-sawn European oak
- Hand finished to a bespoke sample chosen by yourself
- Restoration and/or replication of existing period joinery
- New builds, or period properties; private homes, commercial properties or historic buildings
- Installed by our skilled team of specialist joiners
- Typical project values from £8,000 to £100,000+
“There is nothing they cannot provide for the medieval, Tudor or Jacobean cottage or mansion”
Celia Rufey – Homes & Gardens Magazine