All of our oak Ceilings are designed and made to order. Everything we produce is entirely bespoke, which means our clients are very much involved in the detailed design process. Whether your requirement is for a simple, ribbed and beamed ceiling, or something more elaborate, we would be delighted to hear about your project and advise on your options.
Our previous projects include: A hand-painted roof for a main stair hall in the style of Winchester cathedral, a gothic style ceiling with hand carved bosses and elaborate quatrefoils, a faux hammer beam roof with carved dragons and bronze lions, an Arts & Crafts oak ceiling for a swimming pool with contemporary lighting and speaker system incorporated. We also carry a vast library of period ceilings and would be happy to design something around any inspiration you have seen or would like us to create.
How do I commission a bespoke ceiling?
After a brief discussion about what style of ceiling you are interested in and the rough dimensions of your room, we give you some estimation of cost.
Following a site survey, we would discuss in detail your design requirements, project timescale and if any other building works or trades would need to be involved. We produce working drawings for you to approve.
We then begin manufacture. We start by selecting the finest quarter sawn oak boards from our stock. These are then carefully machined and jointed together by hand.
All our work is then polished by hand, to match your approved sample, using water based stains, shellac sealers, and beeswax polish.
Everything is then delivered to site for our team of experienced craftsmen to install at your convenience.
We then give one final buff which gives our panelling a unique patina only achievable with quarter sawn hand polished oak.
- Bespoke design to your exact specifications
- Specialists in period details including Medieval, Tudor, Renaissance, Elizabethan, Jacobean, Georgian, Classical and Arts & Crafts styles
- From simple faux-beams to Tudor style coffered ceilings, a hammer beam roof, hand carved oak corbels , faux trusses, gothic style oak ceilings
- Hand finished to a bespoke sample chosen by yourself
- Integrated lighting and speaker systems
- Restoration and/or replication of existing period joinery
- Installed by our skilled team of specialist joiners
- Typical project values from £2,000 to £200,000+