bespoke Oak Ceilings
All of our bespoke oak Ceilings are designed and made to order. Everything we produce is entirely bespoke, which means our clients are very much involved in the detailed design process. Whether your requirement is for a simple, ribbed and beamed ceiling, or something more elaborate, we would be delighted to hear about your project and advise on your options.
Our previous projects include: A hand-painted roof for a main stair hall in the style of Winchester cathedral, a gothic style ceiling with hand carved bosses and elaborate quatrefoils, a faux hammer beam roof with carved dragons and bronze lions, an Arts & Crafts oak ceiling for a swimming pool with contemporary lighting and speaker system incorporated. We also carry a vast library of period ceilings and would be happy to design something around any inspiration you have seen or would like us to create.
How do I commission a bespoke oak ceiling?
After a brief discussion about the style of ceiling you are interested in and the rough dimensions of your room, we give you some estimation of cost.
Following a site survey, we discuss your design requirements in greater detail, agree a project timescale and liaise with any other building trades that will be involved. A full set of working drawings will be presented for your approval, prior to manufacture of your joinery.
We then begin manufacture. We start by selecting the finest quarter sawn oak boards from our stock. These are carefully machined and jointed together by hand.
Your joinery is polished by hand, matching your approved sample, using water based stains, shellac sealers, and a traditional beeswax polish.
Everything is delivered to site for our team of experienced craftsmen to install at your convenience.
We then apply one final buff which gives our ceilings a unique patina, only achievable with quarter sawn hand polished oak.
- Over 40 year’s experience
- Bespoke ceiling design to your exact specifications
- Specialists in period details including Medieval, Tudor, Renaissance, Elizabethan, Jacobean, Georgian, Classical and Arts & Crafts styles
- From simple faux-beams to Tudor style coffered ceilings, a hammer beam roof, hand carved oak corbels , faux trusses, gothic style oak ceilings
- Hand finished to a bespoke sample chosen by yourself
- Integrated lighting and speaker systems
- Restoration and/or replication of existing period joinery
- Installed by our skilled team of specialist joiners
- Typical project values from £2,000 to £200,000+