Oak Panelled Rooms & bespoke Joinery
Each oak panelling project we undertake is individually designed and made to your exact specifications. Everything we make is entirely bespoke; we place great emphasis on meeting the detailed design criteria of our clients.
We specialise in peiod styles of oak panelling; from the beautifully hand-carved linenfold and parchemin panelling most commonly found in early Tudor and Medieval periods, to the impressive, classical style Georgian panelling. We take great care in selecting the finest quarter sawn oak from our stock, which gives our panels a unique patina and figure when hand finished.
Whether you are looking to create an entirely new scheme for a room, or simply improve one elevation, we would be pleased to discuss the options available to you.
How do I commission an Oak Panelled Room?
After a brief discussion about what style of panelling you are interested in and the rough dimensions of your room, we give you some estimation of cost. As an indication, the supply of our solid oak panelling starts from around £50 per square foot, ex-VAT and ex-installation.
Following a site survey, we produce working drawings for you to approve, along with colour samples for consideration.
We then begin manufacture. We start by selecting the finest quarter sawn oak boards from our stock. These are then carefully machined and jointed together by hand.
All our work is then polished by hand, to match your approved sample, using water based stains, shellac sealers, and beeswax polish.
Everything is then delivered to site for our team of talented crafstmen to install at your convenience.
We then give one final buff which gives our panelling a unique patina only achievable with quarter sawn hand polished oak.
- Over 40 years’ experience
- Bespoke design to your exact specifications
- Specialists in period details including Medieval, Tudor, Renaissance, Elizabethan, Jacobean, Georgian, Classical and Arts & Crafts styles
- Fully integrated solid oak panelled rooms, simple dado height elevations or ornate hand-carved overmantels
- Hand finished to a bespoke sample chosen by yourself
- Restoration and/or replication of existing period panelling
- New builds, or period properties; private homes, commercial properties or historic buildings
- Entrance halls, dining rooms, drawing rooms, family rooms, media rooms, studies, games rooms, bedrooms, wine rooms
- Installed by our skilled team of specialist joiners
- Typical project values from £5,000 to £500,000+
“Stuart Interiors’ accurate recreation of historic interiors blends detailed research with skilled craftsmanship”
Heritage Development Magazine