Historic re-presentation is the art of furnishing a space or a complete building in the way it may have looked when it was first created.
For over 35 years Stuart Interiors has been involved with some of our country’s most loved and revered historic buildings. From the Royal Palaces to local authority museums, from complete house furnishings such as Plas Mawr in North Wales to a suite of mahogany campaign furniture for H.M.S. Victory in Portsmouth.
The scope of our work is wide ranging starting with research and design, working with the relevant team on the ground, helping to develop a plan and a programme that fits within the budget and delivering within the schedule.
We source objects from across the world from bespoke carpets from Pakistan, made in the same way they were hundreds of years ago to the same designs, to hand made glass, treen, pewter, cooking equipment, even gambling tokens and playing cards. The list is endless and all of it pulled together to form a harmonious interpretation for the public to enjoy and to be informed.
- Over 35 years experience of historic research & consultancy
- Specialists in period details including Medieval, Tudor, Renaissance, Elizabethan, Jacobean, Georgian, Classical and Arts & Crafts styles
- Bespoke design & manufacture of joinery, furniture and furnishings
- Single items or a complete scheme
- From small country cottages to royal palaces
- Working directly, or alongside other creative teams
- Expertise in sourcing authentic period items for any historic scheme
- Furniture, fabrics, upholstery, lighting, metalwork, glassware, decorative items
- Project values from £1,000 to £500,000+