bespoke Solid Oak Doors
We design and make all of our bespoke solid oak doors to order. Whether you require a package of doors for a large new build project, or are simply considering replacing your current entrance door, we place great importance in discussing the design in detail with our clients.
We design and make all styles of bespoke oak doors from grand panelled entrance doors with elaborate hand carved architraves and pediments, or certified fire doors to comply with current regulations, to a simple ledged & braced door for a boot room. We also make frames, linings and architraves to suit. Great care is taken when selecting the finest quarter sawn oak, which gives your door an everlasting patina and figure when hand finished.
Whether you require a single internal planked oak door, or elaborate arched headed oak entrance door, we would be pleased to discuss the options available to you.
How do I commission a Bespoke Solid Oak Door?
After a brief discussion about what style of door you are interested in and your rough dimensions, we give you some estimation of cost.
Following a site survey, we produce working drawings for you to approve, along with colour samples for consideration.
Manufacturing begins. We start by selecting the finest quarter sawn oak boards from our stock. These are carefully machined and jointed together by hand.
Your joinery is polished by hand, to match your approved sample, using water based stains, shellac sealers, and a traditional beeswax polish.
We deliver to site for our team of talent craftsman to install at your convenience, or can supply only, for others to fit.
One final buff gives our timber a unique patina only achievable using quarter sawn hand polished oak.
- Over 40 years’ experience
- Bespoke, solid oak doors designed to your exact specifications
- Specialists in period details including Medieval, Tudor, Renaissance, Elizabethan, Jacobean, Georgian, Classical and Arts & Crafts styles
- Bespoke, solid oak entrance doors, internal oak doors, planked doors, panelled doors, jib doors, hand-carved doors, arched headed doors, FD30 fire doors, frames & architraves, linings & openings
- From single door leaves to a complete package of doors for an entire property
- New builds, or period properties, private homes, commercial properties or historic buildings
- Hand finished to a bespoke sample chosen by yourself
- Hand forged bespoke door furniture, insurance approved locks, latches and hinges
- Installation by our skilled team of specialist joiners, or simply supplied only for your local carpenter to fit
- Typical project values from £2,500 to £10,000+
“This company designs and manufactures exceptional pieces of period style furniture”
Alex Williams – Period Ideas Magazine