Solid Oak Doors
All of our solid oak doors are designed and made to order. Everything we produce is entirely bespoke. Whether you require a package of doors for a large new build project, or are simply considering replacing your current entrance door, we place great importance in discussing the design in detail with our clients.
We design and make all styles of oak doors from grand panelled entrance doors with elaborate hand carved architraves and pediments, or certified fire doors to comply with current regulations, to a simple ledged & braced door for a boot room. We also make frames, linings and architraves to suit. Great care is taken when selecting the finest quarter sawn oak, which gives your door an everlasting patina and figure when hand finished.
Whether you require a single internal planked oak door or elaborate arched headed entrance door we would be pleased to discuss the options available to you.
How do I commission a Solid Oak Door?
After a brief discussion about what style of door you are interested in and your rough dimensions, we give you some estimation of cost.
After a site survey, we produce working drawings for you to approve, along with colour samples for consideration.
We then begin manufacture. We start by selecting the finest quarter sawn oak boards from our stock. These are then carefully machined and jointed together by hand.
All our work is then polished by hand, to match your approved sample, using water based stains, shellac sealers, and beeswax polish.
We can then deliver your door to site for our team of talent craftsman to install at your convenience or can supply only, for others to fit.
We then give one final buff which gives our timber a unique patina only achievable using quarter sawn hand polished oak.
- Over 40 years’ experience
- Bespoke design to your exact specifications
- Specialists in period details including Medieval, Tudor, Renaissance, Elizabethan, Jacobean, Georgian, Classical and Arts & Crafts styles
- Solid oak entrance doors, internal oak doors, planked doors, panelled doors, jib doors, hand-carved doors, arched headed doors, FD30 fire doors, frames & architraves, linings & openings
- From single door leaves to a complete package of doors for an entire property
- New builds, or period properties; private homes, commercial properties or historic buildings
- Hand finished to a bespoke sample chosen by yourself
- Hand forged bespoke door furniture, insurance approved locks, latches and hinges
- Installed by our skilled team of specialists joiners, or simply supplied only for your local carpenter to fit
- Typical project values from £2,500 to £10,000+
“This company designs and manufactures exceptional pieces of period style furniture”
Alex Williams – Period Ideas Magazine