bespoke oak staircase, greater london
Taking inspiration from original carved oak balusters from the 17th century, we worked directly with our client to design and install the bespoke oak staircase for their Entrance Hall. The project is a new-build, timber framed house influenced by the Tudor period and the brief to create an impressive architectural feature in the hall.
More than 60 balusters were turned in oak and each carved by hand to create the staircase and gallery landing.
The staircase has been finished by hand with a natural beeswax polish, to blend with the traditional timber construction of the building.
- Bespoke design of solid oak staircase and gallery landing
- Designed and installed as part of a new build, timber-framed house by Border Oak Ltd
- Inspired by original C16th design elements
- Featuring oak panelled understairs cupboard
- Finished to client’s exact specification
- Complete project management from design, to working drawings, manufacture & installation
- Project location: Greater London
- Project duration: Around 6 months