Manor House, Oxfordshire
Stuart Interiors were commissioned to design and manufacture several areas for this beautiful 17th century Manor House in Oxfordshire. Working directly with the client, we used existing period joinery references as a starting point and developed ideas creatively with the client.
The original Perne Library at Peterhouse College, Cambridge, provided inspiration for the oak joinery in the Drawing Room, featuring oak double doors, early C17th style oak panelling and overmantel.
The Knole settees, Elizabethan style oak desk and pewter wall lights for the Drawing Room are also designed and supplied by Stuart Interiors.
An impressive Tudor arch has been installed between the Entrance Hall and Piano Hall, with full height oak panelling throughout, connecting these two reception rooms.
Solid oak planked and panelled doors have been installed across the ground floor and first floor.
The Master Bedroom is inspired by late medieval designs and includes parchemin panelled oak wardrobes, a medieval style oak tester bed, gothic low table and bespoke television cabinet.
If you would like further information on how we can help with your project please contact us and we would be delighted to discuss your project.
- Bespoke design of all joinery elements, working directly with the client
- Oak panelling for Entrance Hall, Piano Hall, Library, Master Bedroom
- Solid oak doors, liners and architraves throughout
- Bespoke oak staircase, C17th in style
- Solid oak overmantel and fire surround
- Period style wall lights and chandeliers
- Solid oak and upholstered furniture including Knole settees and full tester bed
- Complete project management from initial design suggestions, to full working drawings, manufacture and site installation