Restoration of a Somerset Manor House
After a beautiful Arts & Crafts Manor House in the Quantock Hills suffered extensive fire and water damage, Stuart Interiors were commissioned to restore it to its former glory.
The challenge was to seamlessly blend what remained of the original oak joinery with the new. Sections of the grand three-storey staircase needed replacement balusters, treads, risers and hand rail. As much of the original oak panelling as possible was conserved and restored in the Entrance Hall, Dining Room and Drawing Room.
New joinery was specially designed and installed to match where required. We also undertook the re-colouring and polishing of decoratively carved overmantles and designed and installed a partially glazed oak Library featuring a hand-carved frieze.
This project took one year to complete, from initial consultation to final installation, with a total spend of around £250,000.
- Conservation and restoration of original Arts & Crafts oak joinery
- Replacement oak panelling and joinery where necessary
- Bespoke oak Library
- Bespoke three-storey oak staircase
- Full design, manufacture and installation service
- Project value: around £250,000
- Project duration: around 12 months
- Project location: Somerset, UK