The Renaissance palace, stirling castle
An outstanding project, the re-presentation of the Renaissance Palace at Stirling Castle has been the culmination of years of detailed research by an exeptional team of acedemics and expert craftsmen. Stuart Interiors were involved from the early stages, due to our unrivalled knowledge of historic joinery, furniture and interiors.
Working alongside an expert team, we are proud to have been a part of this exceptional project which sees the interiors re-presented as they may have appeared in the 1540’s.
Each element of the project was researched and studied in detail, including the solid oak shutters with hand forged ironwork, the rich and opulent textiles used for both wall hangings and upholstery, the phenominal painted decoration to walls and ceilings and the remarkable pieces of solid oak furniture.
The resulting interiors are a feast for the senses, please go and visit next time you are in Stirling.
- Commissioned by Historic Scotland for our specialist knowledge regarding historic interiors, furntiture, fabrics & design
- Part of a key team of specialists responsible for the re-presentation of the Palace interiors as they may have appeared in 1540
- Thorough historic research & design of furniture, joinery, fabrics and interior schemes
- Makers and installers of oak joinery, fabrics and other decorative items
- Scheme includes a specially designed, hand knotted table carpet, ironwork and painted decoration, all based on original period designs
- Project location: Stirling Castle, Scotland
- Project duration: 15 years+
- For visitor information visit the Historic Scotland Website