Oak Joinery for a new build Tudor style House, Connecticut
Stuart Interiors were commissioned to design and manufacture all the principle interiors for this new build timber framed house in Connecticut, USA. With a strong emphasis on late medieval and early Tudor designs, our work included four bespoke oak staircases, the main staircase featuring hand carved lion and unicorn finals. The master bedroom suite includes a canopied four poster bed and Renaissance style cabinet with hidden television. The intimate Dining Room includes Tudor style oak panelling throughout with hand carved overmantel and the Medieval Great Hall also features an 18’ dining table. Tudor arched, glazed doors are a feature in the oak library along with a beautiful hand carved Renaissance style overmantel. Solid oak doors, bespoke furniture, soft furnishings & lighting were designed and supplied throughout the house.
This project took around two years to complete, from initial concept designs to final installation, with a budget of around £800,000.
If you would like further information on how we can help with your project please contact us and we would be delighted to discuss your options.
- Bespoke design of all joinery elements throughout the house
- Working directly with the client
- Tudor style oak panelling and joinery including in the Great Hall, Dining Room, Library & Master Bedroom
- Four bespoke oak staircases, C16th & C17th in style
- Hand carved oak overmantels
- Solid oak doors, liners and architraves throughout
- Solid oak and upholstered furniture including an 18’ dining table and canopied tester bed
- Period style wall lights and chandeliers
- Complete project management from initial design suggestions, to full working drawings, manufacture and site installation
- Project location: Connecticut, USA
- Project duration: around 2 years
- Project value: around £800,000